Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trailer for a Book

Maxim Biller is an obnoxious Schmuck which is why I can't help buying and even reading his books. His story last year in the New Yorker thrilled me. The more I read his stuff, the more I think there has to be something else he's written that I am missing.
This video is meant to make him seem like more of a nuisance than he really is, but it works and its hilarious. From the opening line he yanks on the ethnic chain: "Some people write about Indians, some people write about Eskimos, others about Germans, I write about Jews." The video makes sure you see the bitter, restrained faces of white haired German intellectuals biting their tongues, rather than telling him off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUpQwMPvulA&feature=player_embedded#t=187



No comments:

Post a Comment